Here is a quick tutorial for adding a functional pocket to the Phresh Jeggings.
Get the correct pocket pieces HERE.
- Finish the curve of both pocket details by serging the edge or sewing a zig zag stitch along the edge. (Do not trim off any of the fabric).
- Attach your pocket detail to your pocket facing by sewing the detail on top of the pocket (both right sides up). Make sure to align the top and side edges. Sew along your finished curved edge, and baste the side and top in place 1/4 inch from the edge.
Front Pocket Construction (*make sure if you are sewing pockets, that you have cut the front pocket curve on the front pants piece)
- Line up the curve of your front Pocket lining with the curve of your front pants piece - make sure your fabric is RIGHT sides together.
- Pin in place.
- Sew along the curve from edge to edge, back stitching at each end.
- Trim your seam allowance to 1/4 inch and finish with a serger or zig zag stitch.
- Flip the fabric so that your pieces are now WRONG sides together and press the curve of the pocket.
- Top stitch along the pocket edge. You can add a 2nd line of top stitching 1/4 in from the edge if you would like.
- Take your pocket piece and lay it out so that the curved edges of the pocket and pocket lining match - right sides together, pin in place.
- Stitch along the inside curve and bottom edge of your pocket and finish the seam with a serger or zig zag stitch.
- Baste in place along the top and side edges with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.